Monthly Regional Webpage Update MONTH: SEPTEMBER 2017
PECI Activities A. Conduct of Anti-Drug Lectures: 1. Ms. Rogelette T. Urgel, Public Information Officer/ Chief PECIS of this office conducted a Three-Day Brgy Drug Clearing Seminar to the BADAC members of Sogod, Southern Leyte from September 27-30, 2017. The activity started from 09:30PM-11:30PM with Two hundred thirty five (235) participants composed of One Hundred (100) males and Thirty Five (35) females.
2. Dir. Edgar T. Jubay and Staff together with the PDEA Southern Leyte Provincial Office attended the Ceremonial Declaration of Limasawa Island as Drug-Cleared Municipality, the first Municipality in Southern Leyte to be declared as DrugCleared. The said program was attended by the Oversight Committee and the Acting Mayor of Limasawa on September 21, 2017. The activity started from 09:30PM-11:30PM with Sixty Five (65) participants composed of forty (40) males and twenty five (25) females. 3. Ms. Rogelette T. Urgel, PIO/ Chief PECIS conducted a whole day Drug-Free Workplace Seminar among Sixty (60) employees of Marabut LGU composed of Thirty (30) male and thirty (30) female held at the Municipal Office of Marabut from 0800- 1700H on 13th of September 2017.
4. PDEA RO8 Personnel attended the Kick-Off Ceremony of the National Crime Prevention Week was held at Tacloban Astrodome headed by the NAPOLCOM RO8. The activity were attended by two hundred seventy (270) participants which is composed of fifty three (53) Female and two hundred seventeen (217) Male.
5. On September 19, 2017, Agent MILVA D. MOJADO, Provincial Officer of PDEA Eastern Samar Provincial Office presides over the validation of the Municipality of Maslog, Eastern Samar as the second Drug Cleared Municipality in the province of Eastern Samar.
6. On September 25, 2017, IA5 ALEX M TABLATE, Asst. Regional Director with PDEA Leyte Provincial Office (LPO) team led by AGENT CLEVELAND S VILLAMOR, LPO Provincial Officer declared and awarded a total of twelve (12) barangay in Mahaplag, Leyte as Drug-Cleared Barangay.
7. On September 5, 2017, members of PDEA Leyte Provincial Office (LPO) team led by AGENT CLEVELAND S VILLAMOR, LPO Provincial Officer declared and awarded a total of thirty seven (37) barangay in the Province of Leyte as DrugCleared Barangay.
8. Poster-Making and Jingle- Making Contests were held on September 12, 2017 at the Expansion Area, Robinsons Place, Tacloban City as part of the pre-event activities for the Summit for Change. The said activity were attended by PDEA RO8 Personnel.
9. Dir. Edgar T. Jubay together with the PDEA rO8 personnel attended to the one of the highlights of the 2nd Tacloban City Anti-Drug Summit held on September 21, 2017 was the awarding of the Certificates of Drug- Cleared Barangays to 34 barangays in the city that have successfully submitted the requisite documents for validation.
10. IA3 Ma. Rhea C. Oledan, PDEA Tacloban City Officer attended the 3rd Quarterly Meeting of the City Peace and Order Council and City Anti- Drug Abuse Council (CPOC- CADAC) held on September 18, 2017 at the City Mayor’s Office Board Room, Tacloban City Hall, Kanhuraw Hill, Tacloban City.
11. On September 30, 2017 from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M., Dir. Edgar T. Jubay attended the graduation rites of the 3rd Bach of Tanauan, Leyte Community Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) which was held at the Our Lady of Assumption Parish.
12. Ms. Liza F. Baoy, SAO of this office delivered a drug awareness talk entitled “Orientation of the Government’s Anti-Drug Campaign” to student leaders of elementary and secondary schools belonging to Area 4 of Leyte Division of the Department of Education.
13. Dir. Edgar T. Jubay attended the activities relative to the Joint Culminating Activity of the 2017 National Peace Consciousness Month with the theme “Puso Para sa Kapayapaan, Magkaisa Para sa Bayan” held on September 25, 2017 in Catbalogan City, Samar.
14. IA3 Ma. Rhea C. Oledan, PDEA Tacloban City Officer and Ms. Liza F. Baoy, SAO , attended the New Beginnings for Chang Technical Working Group (TWG) Meeting held on September 13, 2017 at the City Mayor’s Board Room, Tacloban City Hall, Kanhuraw Hill, Tacloban City.
15. Agent Leonard L. Obong, WSPO Acting Provincial Officer, conducted a Lecture on the “Salient Provisions of R.A. 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002” during the Student Crime Prevention Committee (SCPC) SeminarWorkshop participated by the different Supreme Student Council Officers and student organization officers last September 27 & 28, 2017. Said event was held at Samar Colleges, Catbalogan City, Samar.
16. Ms Ivy P. Lim together with personnel of Western Samar PO conducted a Lecture on the “Salient Provisions of R.A. 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002” and the Ill-Effects of Dangerous Drugs during the Drug Education Campaign and Forum with a theme “Kasayuran Para sa Kabataan” held at Calbayog City Cultural Convention Center. Said activity was attended by the different Public and Private Secondary and Elementary Schools Supreme Student Government and Barkada Kontra Droga Chapters Officers and Advisers.
17. Elements of PDEA Western Samar Provincial Office declared Four (4) Barangays of Villareal, Samar namely: Brgy 1 Miramar, Brgy Mercado, Brgy Soleded and Brgy Tayud as DRUG-CLEARED. The validation process was attended by the oversight committee from DILG/MLGOO, MS JANICE TERADO, DOH/MHO, DRA LORIZA SORIANO, LGU REPRESENTATIVE, MUNICIPAL MAYOR MARILOU R LATORRE AND CHIEF OF POLICE, PINSP CESAR M PEÑAMORA and the Punong Barangays from the drug-cleared barangays.
B. Teleradyo Program: Teleradyo Program with IBC6 TV Station DYVL entitled “PDEA in Action” is aired Live every Monday from 10:30 to 11:00 AM simulcasting DYVL Aksyon Radyo and Idol FM. It has also its livestreaming via DYVL Facebook Account.