BIBLIOGRAPHY TEXT BOOKS: 1.
Ahmad, S. And Mehta, P. (1997). Role stress, Quality of Work Life and alienation. In D. M. Pestonjee and U. Pareek (Eds.), Studies in organizational role stress and coping. Jaipur, New Delhi: Rawat Publications
Arun Monappa and Miza S Saiyadain (1999), “Personal Management”, Second Edition; Tata McGraw-Hill publishing Company Limited, New Delhi.
Aswathapa K. (2005), “Human Resource and Personal Management: Text and Cases”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited., New Delhi.
Aziz , Abdul
(1980), “Workers’Participation in Management: Indian
Experience”, Asish Publishing House, New Delhi. 5.
Balu, V. (2001). Improving Quality of Work Life – The need for dynamic H.R.D. Practices. In Bhatia, B. S. And Batra, G. S. (Eds.) Human Resource Development, New Delhi: Deep and Deep Publications Pvt.Ltd.
Beardwell, IAN and Len Holden (1994) “Human Resource Management: A Contemporary Perspective”, First Edition, Mc Millan Indian Limited.
Bearfield., (2003), Quality of Work Life Acirrt working paper 86. University of Sydney., www.acirrt.com
Bhattacharya, J.B. 1986. Participative management and industrial democracy – concepts and practices (Calcutta, Omega).
Biswanath Ghosh (2000), “Human Resource Development and Management”, Vikas Publishing House Pvt., Ltd., New Delhi.
10. Bohlander (2000). Quality of Work Life. In Principles and techniques of personnel management/ human resource management. New Delhi: Deep and Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd.
11. Boyatzis, R. E. (1982). The competent manager. New York: John Wiley &Sons 12. Brough, P. and M. O'Driscoll (2005), work-family conflict and stress. In A research companion to Organizational Health Psychology, eds. A. Antoniou and C. Cooper, 346-365.Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar 13. Cannon-Bowers, J. A., Tannenbaum, S. I.,Salas, E., & Volpe, C. E. (1995)Team effectiveness and decision making in organizations, (pp. 333-380).San Francisco: Jossey pub 14. Casico, W.F (1986), “Managing Human Resource: Productivity. Quality of Work Life, Profits: Singapore”, McGraw Hill New York. 15. Cascio, WF ., (2003), Managing Human Resources: Productivity Quality of Work Life, Profits, (6th ed). Newyork: Mc Graw-Hill 16. Chadda, Somesh (1989), “participative Management in Public Enterprises”, Deep and Deep Publishers, New Delhi. 17. Chakraborthy S.K. (1999) “Foudation of Managerial Work Contribution from Indian Through,”Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai. 18. Chakraborthy S.K. (1987) “Managerial Effectiveness and Quality of Work Life: The Indian Insights” , Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Co.Ltd., New Delhi. 19. Dale Yoder and Paul D. Staudohar (1986) “personal Management & Industrial Relations”, Seventh Edition; Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, New Delhi. 20. David A.Decenzo and Stephen P.Robbins (1996) “Personnel/Human Resource Management”, Third Edition, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, New Delhi. 21. David Gross (1989), “Principles of Human Resource Management”, International Thomson Business Press, United Kingdom. 22. Davis, R., 1962 Human Relations. New York: McGraw Hill
Organizational Behaviour”, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York. 24. Davis, Louis, E.and Cherms, Albert, B. (1975) “The Quality of Working Life”, (Vol.I&II) Free Press, New York. 25. Doolen, Hacker & Aken (2006), "Managing Organizational Context for Engineering Team Effectiveness", Team Performance Management, 39:138-54 26. Dwivedi R.S.(1997), “Human Relations and Organisational Behaviour: A Global Perspective”, 5th Edition, MacMillan Publishers. 27. Edwin B.Flippo (1984), Quality of Work life and Quality Circles”, Personnel Management, Sixth Edition, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York. 28. Edwin B. Flippo, PERSONAL MANAGEMENT, Excel Publications, Third edition, pp 15-7 29. Emeritus and M.V. Pylee (1996) “Workers Participation in Management”’ Second Revised Edition, Vikas Publishing House Pvt.Limited, Pune. 30. Gangadhra Rao, M., Subba Rao, P. and V.S.P. Rao, (1991), “Human Resource Management in Public Sector”, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai. 31. Gani, A. (1991) “Labour-Management Relations, Concept and Cases” Deep and Deep Publishing House, New Delhi. 32. Golembiewski, Robert T. (1982). Organisation development interventions. In. W.S. Paine (Ed.). Job stress and burnout: Los Angeles, CA: Sage Focus Editions, 179-196. 33. Goodman P.S.(1980) “Quality of Work Life Projects in 1980’s, Madison, W1, Industrial Relations Research Association 34. Gray Dessler (2004), “Human Resource Management”, Pearson Education, Indian Edition, Singapore.
35. Gupta C.B..(1996), “Human Resource Management”, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi. 36. Hackman J.R. and suttle J.L, (1977), “Improving Life at Work”, Goodyear Publishing Company, Santa Monica, C.A. 37. Hackman, J. R. (1987). The design of workteams. In J. W. Lorsch (Ed.). Handbook of Organizational Behavior (pp. 315-342).Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall 38. Harrison, J.M., 1987. Diagnosing Organisations, Methods, Models and Process. New Delhi: Saga Publications 39. Haque, A.B.M.Z.(1991) Quality of Working Life (QWL) of Shift Workers in Rajshahi and Khulna Divisions, Unpublished ph.D.Thesis, Rajshahi and Khulna Divisions, Unpublished ph.D. Thesis, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh. 40. Herbst, 1974. Sociotechnical system. London: Tavistock Publishing 41. ICFAI Center for Management Research (2001), “Introduction to Human Resource Management”, ICFAI University Press, India. 42. ILO (2001), “Reducing the Decent Work Deficit: A Global Challenge”, Report of the Director-General to the 89th
Session of the International Labour
Conference. 43. Jack Halwley (1994) “Reawaking the spirit in work- the power of Dharmic Management”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi. 44. John M. Ivancevich (1996) “Human Resource Management”, Sixth Edition IRWIN, Delhi. 45. Kapoor N.D. (2004), “Elements of Mercantile Law”,Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi.
46. Keith (1989). Human behaviour at work: Organisational behaviour, Ed.6. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co 47. Keith D Soula, G. Upadhya and Rakesh Kumar (1997) “Empowering WorkerThrough Human Resource Development”, Editors, Publishing jointly with Academy of Human Resource Development and SAIL, Bhilai Steel Plant. 48. Keith Davis and John W. Newston (1994), “Human Behaviour at Work”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd, New Delhi. 49. Klott, Mundick and Schuster, (1985), “Human Resource Management”, Chio Chapter E. Merril Publishing Company. 50. Lakshminaraian, M.L, (1986), “Worker’s Participation in Public Enterprises”, Himalayan Publishing House, Mumbai. 51. Lehrer, 1982. Participative productivity ad quality of work life. New Jersey: Practice Hall Inc, Englewood Cliffs. 52. Likert, R., 1961. New Patterns of Management New York: McGraw Hill 53. Luthans Fred (1985), “Organisational Behaviour”, Fifth Edition, McGraw Hill International Editions, New York, P.273. 54. Macy . B.A. (1980) “The Bolivar Quality of Work of Life Programme: A Longitudinal, Behavioural & Performance, Assessment Madison, W1, Industrial Relations Research Association. 55. McCormick, Catherine A (2000). A study of the job attitudes (Job satisfaction, organisational commitment, and career commitment) and career adaptability of the members of the Library and Information Science 56. McGregor, D., 1960. The human side of the Enterprise New York: McGraw Hill 57. Mamoria C.B. and Gankar S.V. (2002), “Personnel Management”, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
58. Mamoria C.B. and Gankar S.V. (2006) “A Test Text Book of Human Resource Management”, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai. 59. Mathur B.L. (2000), “Strategy for Human Resource Development”, RBSA Publishers, Jaipur. 60. Michel V.P (1995), “Human Resource Management and Human Relations”, Himlaya Publishing House, New Delhi. 61. Milkovich and Bovdrear (1994) “Personnel/Human Resource Management- A Diagnostic Approach”, Fifth Edition, Richard D. IRWAN: Homewood, All Indian Traveller Bookseller, Delhi-110051. 62. Mirza S Saiyadain (1995) “Human Resource Management”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi. 63. Mishra S.K. (2002), “Labour and Industrial Law of
India”, Allahabad Law
Agency, Allahabad. 64. Monappa, Arun. 1995. Industrial Relations (New Delhi, Tata McGraw Hill) 65. Myers, C.A., 1959. Management in India. New York: McGraw Hill 66. Nadle David A. and Lawler Edward E.(1983), “Quality of
Perspectives and Sirections and Organizational Dynamics”, Winner. 67. Nitish R. De (1984) “Alternative Designs of Human Organisation”, Sage Publications, New Delhi/Beverely Hills, London. 68. Niles, S. G. & Harris-Bowlsbey, J (2002) Career Development Interventions in the 21st Century. Columbus, OH: Merrill Prentice Hall. P.7 69. Pareek Udai and Rao T.V (1981), “Designing and Managing Human Resource Systems”, Oxford and IBH, New Delhi. 70. Parry, S. B. (1998). Just what is a competency (And why should we care?). Training, 58 –64.
71. Peter Martin and John Nicholls (1997) “Creating a committed work force”, McGraw-Hill Book Company. 72. PRN Sinha, Indubala Sinha, Seema Priyadarshini Shekhar: “Industrial Relations, Trade unions and Labour Legislations”. P.246-249 73. Pylee M.V. and Simon George A. (1999), “Industrial Relations and Personnel Management”, Vikas Publishing House Pvt.Ltd., New Delhi. 74. Rao T.V (1984), “Performance Appraisal – Theory and Practice”, AIMA – Vikas Management Series, Vikas Publishing House Limited, New Delhi. 75. Rao V.S.P. (2002) “Managing People”, Chapter-15, Excel Books publisher, New Delhi. 76. Rao
V.S.P.(2006) “Human Resource Management: Text and Cases” Excel
Books, New Delhi. 77. Richard Hackman and Lloy Suttle, (1997), “Improving Life at Work: Behavioural Science Approaches to Organisational Change”, Santa, Monica Calif, Goodyear, P.258 78. Robbins, S.P. (1993), Organization Behavior; Concepts, Controversies, and Applications (6th Ed.), New Jersey, Prentice Hall 79. Rose, E. (2004). Employment Relations 2nd edition. England: Prentice Hall 80. R. Walker (2005), Social Security and Welfare: Concepts and Comparisons, Milton Keynes: Open University Press/McGraw-Hill, P. 354 81. Salamon, M. (2000). Industrial Relations: Theory and Practice. 4thEdition. Great Britain: Prentice Hall 82. Sangeetha Jain (1991).
Quality of Work Life.
83. Satyanarayan and Somashekarappa, “Quality of Work Life, Managerial Work Values and Organizational Effectiveness in Public”, Enabling Execution Excellence Global Agenda, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai. 84. Sen, Ratna 2010. Industrial Relations – Text and Cases, second edition (Macmillan India). 85. Sharma A.M. (2005), “Aspects of Labour Welfare and Social Security”, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai. 86. Singh B.D. (2007), “Labour Laws for Managers”, Excel Books, New Delhi. 87. Sinha PRN,Indu Bala Sinha and Seema Priyadarshini Shekar (2006), “Industrial Relations, Trade Unions and Labour Legislation”, Pearson Education, India. 88. Soriano (2001), “The Challenges of Globalisation : Implications on Labour and Employment”, Manuscript. www.iloanddecentwork.com 89. Subba Rao P.(1999), “Essemtoals of Human Resource Management:Text, Cases and Games”, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai. 90. Subba Rao P. and Rao V.S.P. (1990), “Human Resource Management, Test, Cases and Games”, Konark Publishers Private Limited, New Delhi. 91. Subba Rao P. and Rao V.S.P. (1997), “Personnel/Human Resource Management, Test, Cases and Games”, Excell Books, New Delhi. 92. Swan, J. and Cooper, C.L. (2005), time Health and the Family: What Working Families Want, A working Families Publication, London. 93. Takezawa, S, (1983) Improvement of Quality of
Working Life in Three
Japanese Industries, Geneva, I.L.O. 94. Thorsrud E. (1981) “Quality of Work Life in the first and third world”, Work Research Institute, OSIO, AIDOC, 1981.
95. Tripathy, “Personal Management of Industrial Relations”, Sultan Chand & Sons Educational Publishers, Fifth edition, pp 23-46 96. Thomas, B.(2010) “The Human Dimension of Quality ”, New York: McGraw Hill 97. Udai Pareek and Venkateswara Rao J.(1997) , “Designing and Managing Human Resources Systems”, OXFORD & IBH Publishing Company (Pvt) Limited, New Delhi. 98. Udpa S.R. (1986) “Quality Circles in India”, Tata Mc Graw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd, New Delhi. 99. Udpa S.R.. (1997) “Quality Circles”, Tata Mc Graw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd, New Delhi. 100. Uma Sekaran (1999) “Organisational Behaviour: Text and Cases”, Tata Mc Graw-Hill Company Limited, New Delhi. 101. Venkata Ratnam C.S. and Srivastava B.K. (1995) “Personnel Management and Human Resource”, Tata McGraw-Hill publishing Company Limited, New Delhi. 102. Vineet walia and Pradeep Tomar: Human resource Management–Compensation Management – wage and salary administration-P.356 103. Virmani, B.R. 1988. Workers’ Participation in Management: Some Experiences and Lessons (New Delhi, Macmillan). 104. Walton, R., (1974) “Improving the Quality of Work Life”, Harvard Business Review, 1974. 105. Wayne R. Mondy and Robert M.Noe (1987), “Personnel: The Management of Human Resource”, Allayn and Bacon, London .
106. Waynef Cascio (1992) “Managing Human Resources Productivity, Quality of Work Life, Profit”, 5th Edition, IR WIN Mc Graw-Hill. 107. Willam B. Werther and Keith Davis (1997) “Human Resource and Personnel Management”, 5th Edition, Mc Graw-Hill. 108. www.wikipedia/freeencyclopedia.com 109. Yoder
Tata McGraw Hill, Seventh edition, pp 123-147 110. Yousuf, S.
M. Anwar (2001).
Evaluating the Quality of Working Life:
Industrial Relations Labour Management, Organisational Development,New Delhi: Deep and Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd., 17-33.
Adrieme E.Eaton, Michel E.Gordon, and Jeffrey H.Keefe, (1992) “The Impact of Quality of work life programs and Grievance system effectiveness on union commitment”, Industrial and Labour Relations Review, Vol.45; No.3, April 1992.
Alam GM (2009). The role of science and technology education at network age population for sustainable development of Bangladesh through human resource advancement. Sci. Res. Essays, 4(11):1260-1270
Alam GM, Hoque KE, Ismail L, Mishra PK (2010). DO
countries need education laws to manage its system or are ethics and a marketdriven approach sufficient? Afr. J. Bus. Manage., 4(15): 3406-3416 4.
Andrew Dutta and Manjeesh K.Singh (2004), “Balancing the work and life of your employees”, Quality of Work Life :Introduction and Perspectives, Edited by VRP Kashyap and E Mrudula, ICFAI University Press, 2004.
Anna Riley (2000), “The quality of work life, self-evaluation and life satisfaction
www.rcgd.isr.umich.edu/prba/perspectives, Vol.6, No.1, 2000. 6.
Arya, p., 1980. Nature and extent of worker participation in decision making, IJIR , 16(1)
Bachanan D.A and Boddy D.A(1983) “Advanced Technology and the Quality of Work Life – the Effeets
of Computerized Controls on Biscuit-making
Operations” Journal of Occupational Psychology, June 1983, Vol. 56(2). 8.
Baumgartel, H., 1976. Some notes on institution building. National Labour Institute Bulletin, July.
Benarjee D.B.R.N.K. and Roja Rani E., (2004) “New perspectives of quality of work life”, The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol. 57, No.1, January-March, 2004.
Bhattacharya, J. B. (1993). Quality of Work Life and trade unions, The IndianJournal of Labour Economics, Vol. 36 (4), 808-816.
Biswajeet Pattanayak and Phalgu Niranjana (2001), “Organisational Role Stress and Quality of Work Life in Public Sector manufacturing Industries”, Sankalpa, Vol.IX, No. 1, Jan-June, 2001.
Carlson.C. (1978) “General Motor’s Quality of Work Life Efforts, “Personnel, 55(4).
Catherine Saget (2001), “Poverty reduction and decent work in developing countries: Do minimum wages helps?”International Labour Review, Vol. 140, No.3.
Chandra, H. (1986), “Promotional Practices of Industrial Workers with Particular Reference to India”, Indian Labour Journal Vol.5, No.6, June 1986.
Chaudhari K.K., (2004)” In search of quality of work life”, personnel Today, Vol.XXV,No.3 October – December 2004.
Cherms Albert (1975) “ Perspectives on the Quality of Work Life”, Journal of Occupational Psychology, 48(3).
Cobb, S. and Ross, R.M., 1973. Hypertension, Peptic Ulcer and diabetes in airtraffic controllers. Journal of the American Medical Association, 224(4):489492
Cohen.r and Rosenthal. E., (1980), “Should unions participate in quality of working life”, The Canadian Scene Vol.1; No.4; P.7-12.
Crick, Lyndon (1982).
Quality of Working Life and productivity – The
Australian approach, Productivity, Vol. 22 (4), 109-113. 21.
Compensation Management: Recent Trend, IJRFM (International Journal of Research in Finance & Marketing)
Volume 1, Issue 5 (September, 2011)
(ISSN 2231-5985) 22.
Dail A.Neugarten (1985), “Strategies and tactics for productivity improvement: Implications for public personnel managers”, Public Personnel Management, Vol.14, No.4 winter 1985.
David Bescond(2003), “Seven indicators to measure decent work:
international comparison”, International Labour Review, Vol.142, No.2 24.
Devashish pujari, (1992) “ Managing Quality of Work Life: The key of success”, The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol. XLV, Part-III, No.172, September 1992.
Dharma Ghai(2003), “ Decent Work: Concept and Indicators” International Labour Review, Vol.142,No.2
Dubey B.L.et.al., (1988),”Construction and standardization of Quality of Life Scale for use with Industrial Workers in India”, The Creative Psychologist, Vol.1;No.1
Diptendu Similai (2009), “Work Conditions in Manufacturing Industries of West Bengal: A Study of Select Factories in and around Kolkata” Management and labour studies Vol 34, PP 95-113
Edem, U. S. and Lawal, Olu Olat (1999). Job satisfaction and Quality of Work Life among Librarians and Staff in Nigerian Universities, Library Management, Vol. 20(1), 39-46
Ekramul Houque M. and Alinoor Rahman, (1999) “ Quality of Working Life and job behaviour of workers in Bangladesh- A Comparative study of private and public sectors”, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.35: No.2 October 1999.
Elizur, Dov (1990). Quality circles and Quality of Work Life. International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 11 (6).
Estelle M Morin and Wilfrid Morin, “ Quality of Work Life and firm performance: The Case of Teknika”, www.Fgvsp.br
Florence Bonnet et.al(2003), “ A family of decent work index”, International
Fried,J., Weitman, M, and Davis, M.K., 1972. Man, machine interaction and absenteeism.Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.56, pp428-429
Gani, A. “ Quality of Work Life in a state setting: Findings of an Empirical study”, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 36(4)
Gani and Riyaz Ahmad, (1995) “Correlates of Quality of Work Life: An Analytical Study”, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.31; No.1; July 1995.
Gary S.Fields(2003), Decent work and development policies”, International Labour review. Vol.142, No.2
Ghai, R.K (2007) “Quality of Work Life in Jk Tires an Empirical Analysis”. Annamalai Journal of Management, Vol.1 Issue , pp 17-21
Ghosh, S. and Katra, S.K.(1982) “ Perceptual Differences in Quality of Work life Factors”, Indian Journal of Training and Development , 12 (3&4)
Ghosh .Subratesh,(1992), “Quality of Working Life in Two Indian Organisations implications of case studues
Gillian Considine and Ron Callus(2002), “ The Quality of Work Life of Australian employees-the development of an index”, www.apo.org.au, may 2002
GlaserE.M.,(1976), “State of the art, questions about QWL”, PersonnelNovDec 1976.
Gopal Prasad Mahapatra, (1992) “ Quality Circles for Quality of Work Life”; Management and labour studies vol.17.no.3, July 1992.
Graham S.Lowe, Quality of Work Life indicators for Nurses in Canada”, www.cna_nurses.ca
Greenhaus J. and Badin I.J., “Self-esteem, performance, and satisfaction: some tests of a theory”, Journal of Applied Psychology, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 722-726, December 1974
Gupta K.C., “ Important Determinants of Quality of Work Life”, The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol .XLV, Part-II, No.171, June 1992.
Hackman and Oldham, 1975. A new strategy for job enrichment California Management Review, Development of job diagnostic survey. Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.60
Hassan Md. Mosharrsf snf Islam Md.Tariqul(1999), “ Quality of Working Life and Job satisfaction of Government Hospital Nurses in Bangladesh”, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.34, No.3, Jan 1999
Helio Zylberstajin (2002), “Public police and Flexible Work arrangements in Brazil”, www.cira-acri.ca, 2002
Herbert C.Morton, (1977) “ A Look at Factors Affecting the Quality of Work Life”, Monthly Labour Review, Vol.100, No.10.October 1977
Herrick, N.Q. and Maccoby, M., 1975. Humanizing work: A priority goal of 1970’s. In L.E. Davis and A.B. Cherns(Eds.). The Quality of Working Life. New York: Free Press, Vol.I
Hethy, L., 1992. Political changes and transformation of industrial relations in Hungary. Industrial Relations and political transformation, Sydney. 9th World Congress.
Haque, M.E. (1992) “Perceived Quality of Working Life and job satisfaction of Industrial workers in Relation to Certain Demographic Variables, Bangladesh Journal of Psychology,13
Itifikar Ahmed (2003), “ Decent work and human development”, International Labour Review, Vol. 142, No.2.
Jim Hall (1985), “Productivity improvement through team building and organizational redevelopment: Evaluating the experiences of human services agency at the country level”.Public Personnel Management, Vol.14, No.4 Winter 1985.
Kalra, Satish Kumar and Ghosh, Sadhana (1984) “ Quality of Work Life: A Study of Associated Factors, “Indian Journal of Social Work, Vol.XLV, No.3, 1984.
Kamaraju Pantulu N, (1977) “ Workers’ participation in Industry”,The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol.XXX, Part-II. No.111, June 1977.
Kaushall, Shyam Lal (1998) “ Quality Of Work Life vital for job satisfaction”, Management Review, Vol.28. No.3, August 2003.
Keyton, J. & Springston, J.(1990), "Redefining Cohesiveness in Groups. Small Group Research", International Journal of Theory Investigation and Application. 2192:234-54
Kumar, A. and Tripathy, S. K. (1993). Small group participation and Quality of Working Life: A study in Rourkela Steel Plant, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 36(4), 825-828.
Kumar, Sunil. (1993). Quality of Work Life through quality circles, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 36(4), 802- 807.
Kunal K. Maje(2003), “ Glimpses of workers’ participation in Management in India : A case Study of Bokaro Steel Plant, Bokaro(Jharkhand)”, Management & Labour Studies. Vol.28. No.3, August 2003.
Latha and Karthikeyan, S. (1998). Quality of Life among a metropolis population – A preliminary study. Journal of Psychological Researches, 42, 25-31.
Lawler, Hall, D.T., 1971.Job Characteristics and the organisational integration of professionals. Administrative Quarterly, Vol.15, 271-281.
Lou Buffardi , Dena Papazoglon and Morgan Morrison(2000), “ Quality of Work Life survey of George Manson University employees”, http:// www.gmu.edu/qwl.
Lynch, Beverly P. and Verdin, Jo Ann (1983). Job satisfaction in Libraries: A replication, Library Quarterly, Vol. 57(2), 190-202.
Macy.B.A. and Hirvis , P.H.(1976) A methodology for assessment of QWL and Oranisation Effectiveness in Behavioural-Economic Terms, Administrative science Quarterly, 21, June 1976.
Madhavan SM (2001). The JS level of Chinese and Indian Born Engineering faculty at a research university dissertation, Morgantown West Virginia. Published
Madhhussudhana Raju and Shanmukha Rao Padala, (2005) “ Quality of Work Life in Hindustan Zinc Limited”, Business Vision , vol.1, No.3 OctoberDecember 2005
Mahapatra G.P.(1992), “ Quality
Circles of Quality of Work Life”,
Management and Labour Studies,Vol. 17, No.3, p,126-136 70.
Manga M.L.Maggu A.,(1981) “ QWL: A Study of Public Sector in India” ASCI, Journal OfManagement, 19(2), 1981.
Martin Perry, Roberta Hill and Carl Davidson (1996). “Workplace reform and the quality of working life: a tale of three workplaces”, Labour Market Bulletin, Vol.2, 1996.
Mathur R.N. (2002), Quality of working life women construction workers”, Common Wealth Publishers, New Delhi, 2002.
McLean Parks & Schmedemann, (1994) : Organiation’s Psychology Review. Vol.9
Maj. Gen. BK Bhatia: Article on “Career Development of Employees” Journal of
Integrated Human Capital and Talent management Suite. Vol-II
Mehta.P. (1982) “Rising Aspirations, Quality of Life and Work Organization”, paper presented at National Seminar on Improving Quality of Work Life at NPC. Delhi, 1982.
Mehta, Prayag (1982).
Rising aspirations, Quality of Life and work
organisation, Productivity, Vol. XXII(4), 85-88. 77.
Michael Maccoby, (1984), “ Helping the Labour and Firm set up a QWL Programme “, Monthly Labour Review, Vol.107, No.3 P.28-32.
Mishra B.N.& Das Deenabundhu (1998) “ HRD Strategies for improving Quality of Work Life in public sector Undertaking – An overview of Khadi &Village Institute”. Samridi, Vol.1, No.1, 1998
Mitra D.K.,(1992) “ Quality of work Life- A key to management effectiveness”, The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol .XLV, Part-III, No.172, September 1992.
Mohammad Saeed, kamal kishore jain and mohmmad mahyudi ,(2001)” A rare insight into Quality of Work Life Practices at Texas Instruments, Malaysia”, Human Capital, May 2001
Monga, M.L. and Maggu, A., 1981. A study of public sector in India. ASCI Journal of Management, 19(2).
Mosharraf Hossian Md and Tariqul Islam Md., (1999) “ Quality of Work Life and job satisfaction of Govt Hospital Nurses In Bangladesh”, Indian Journal of Industrial Relation, Vol.34, January 1999.
Mrudala E and Kashyap V R P., (2004), Flexible Work Options”. Quality of Work Life : Introduction and perspectives, Edited by VRP Kashyap and E Mrudula, ICFAI University press, 2004.
Murty GRK, (2004) “Discrimination at Workplace-Reverse discrimination and globalisation”, Quality of Work Life: Introduction and Perspectives”, Edited by VRP Kashyap and E Mrudula, ICFAI University Press, 2004.
Mr.Anil Kumar.B.Kote and Dr.P.M.Honnakeri, “Social Security and labourers in India with special reference to un organisaed workers”. Vol I, Issue IV: (February, 2012)
Nadler, D.A and Lawler, E.E, 1983 Quaity of Work Life: Perspectives and Directions. Organisational Dynamics, Winter 1983, 20-30
National Seminar on Improving the Quality of Working Life (1982), Productivity, Vol. XXII (4), 13-20
Narayana Reddy P.,(1992) ‘” Quality of Work Life in Garments Industry in Goa: Some observations”, The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol.XLV , Part-II, No.171 June 1992.
Navalani, K. (1990). Job characteristics of library and information work as Satisfiers and dissatisfiers – A survey, Annals of Library Science and Documentation, Vol. 37(3), September, 85-95
Naveal Karrir and Amulya Khurana (1997), “Measuring of Quality of Work Life- A Simple Approach”, Paradigm Vol.1, No.1 July 1997.
Nilakant V. and R. Tandon (1982) “ An alternative approach for improving QWL in India”, Occasion at paper No.1 , PECCE, Delhi. 1982.
Nitish R.De. (1984) “Quality of Work Life and Quality of Work Life” Toward appreciation productivity”, Vol.XXV. No.2
Padala Shanmukharao (2008), A Research study on Quality of Work Life with reference to Visakhapatnam Steel plant. Public sector Unit. Published Thesis
Patnaik Umesh C. (1993) “Quality of work Life in Public Sector Banks: and Empirical Study”, Personnel Today, Vol.13 (4), January- March 1993.
Pennathur, K., 1979. Productivity and working environment. Business India, 37: 22-32
Podder C.K., (1997) “ Quality of Work Life –Key to vibrant organisations”, personal Today, vol.13(4) January-March 1993
Preeti Mehra and Ajita Shashidhar (2004) “ Dull at work Place? No more!”. Quality of
Work Life : Introduction and
Perspectives”, Edited by ERP
Kashyap and E Mrudula, ICFAI University press, 2004 98.
Work and Employment in Europe-Issues and Challenges”,
eurofound.eu.int, February 2002 99.
Rabinowitz, s. and hall, D.T., 1977. Organisational Research on job involvement. Psychological Bulletin, Vol.2, pp.265-288
100. R. Ganapathi and Padma Bhaskar (2011). “Quality of Work Life among the employees of Public Sector Banks in Coimbatore City”. Gitam Journal of Management Vol.9 No.4 pp 83-98 Oct-Dec 2011 101. Rahman, A., 1984. Quality of Work Life as perceived by the industrial shift workers. Unpublished Ph.D Thesis, Osmania University, Hyderabad 102. Riyaz Rainaye,(2005) “ Quality of work life in banks: a micro-level comparative analysis”, The Indian Journal of Commerce, Vol.58, No.4, OctDec 2005, P 113-121 103. Sanyal, A and Singh, B. R. (1982). Improving the Quality of Working Life, Lok Udyog, November, 27-35.
104. Sekhran (1985). Importance of Quality of Work Life and practices in India.Vol.14 (2). 105. Shagholi RE (1999). Contributive management and its relationship with organizational commitment in girl public high schools at Mashhad 2 and 4 boroughs, M.A. thesis, Ferdousi Mashhad University, Iran 106. Shanley, Mark & Langfred, Claus (1998), "The Importance of Organizational Context, II: An Empirical Test of Work Group Cohesiveness and Effectiveness 107. Sierpe, Eino (2000). Job Satisfaction among librarians in English – language Universities in Quebec, Library & Information Science Research, Vol. 21(4), November, 479-499. 108. Singh, J. P. (1983). QWL experiments in India: Trials and triumphs, Abhigyan, (fall). 109. Singh and Dewani, 1983. Job Satisfaction among bank employees. Indian Psychological Review, 24(2). 110. Society for Human Resource Management. (2006), SHRM Special Expertise Panels 2006 trends report. Alexandria, VA: Author 111. Srivastava, Manjari ,Sinha, Arvind K.(2011) “Task characteristics & group effectiveness in Indian Organizations”. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations. ISSN: 0019-5286 112. Stennet,
CareerDevelopment, Vol. 29(1), 23-29. 113. Sugeno, K., 1992. Role of the state in industrial relations in Japan, referred by J. Mankidy in changing perspectives of worker participation in India. Bjir, 33:3. 114. Susi.S, Jawaharrani.K(2010),” Work-Life Balance: The key driver of employee engagement”.Asian Journal of Management Research, ISSN 2229 – 3795
115. Syed Hussian M.M.E. (2006), “ A study on the perceived Quality of Work Life of the employees of banks in Sivagangai District”, Raj Journal of Commerce, Issue.3, Jun 2006, P,49-50 116. Shalini Sheel , Bhawna Khosla Sindhuwani, Shashank Goel and Sunil Pathak., (2012): International Journal of Multi Disciplinary Research Vol.2 Issue 2 ( Feb 2012). ISSN 22315780. 117. Takezawa Shin-ichi(1986), “ The Quality of Work Life: Trends In Japan”. Research Series No.11, Geneva, International Institute of Labour Studies,P.1 118. Terry D. J. and Jimmieson, N. L., “Work control and employee well-being: A decade review”, In C. L. Cooper & I. T. Robertson (Eds.), International review of industrial and organizational psychology, Chichester, UK: Wiley, vol. 14, pp. 95 – 148, 1999 119. Thorsurd, E., 1977. Democracy at work “Norwegian Experiences with NonBureaucratic forms of Organisation”. Journal of Applied Behavioural Science, 13(3): 410-421. 120. Times of India, India- Business Journals, Vol. Apr, Jul 2012 121. Togia, Apasia et. al. (2004). Job satisfaction among Greek academic librarians; Journal of Information science research, Vol. 26(3), 373 – 383 122. Tom Erickson, Quality of Work Life: Moving into 80’s is the the moving from X to Y. The Journal of Methods- Time Measurement, Vol.VII,No. 3,5-9 123. Uma Sekaran (1985). The perceived Quality of Working Life in banks in major cities in India, Prajnan, Vol. 14(3), 273-284. 124. Wilson N.A.B, “Quality of Work Life”. Man Power paper No.7, London. 125. Walton, R.E., 1974. “Improving quality of work life”. HBR, May- June issue, pp.12-18
126. Yousuf,1996. Evaluating the quality of working life. Management and labour studies,21(1)
VARIOUS ACTS, REPORTS AND WEBSITES: 1. The Factories Act, 1948 (Act No. 63 of 1948), as amended by the Factories (Amendment) Act, 1987 (Act 20 of 1987)(INDIA) 2. The workmen Compensation Act 3. The Provident Fund Act 4. The Employee Security Insurance Act 5. The Maternity Benefit Act 6. Budget Report for the Financial Year 2012-13(India) 7. www-assocham.org/events/recent/event_660 8. www.icda.in 9. Right Management Team Inc, Research Report of Study on “Career Development Increase the your work force” for 28 various organisations, www.right.com 10. Government of India. Annual Survey of Industries, 2009–10 11. Coromandel Annual Report 2011-12 12. Visakhapatnam Steel Plant Annual report2011-12 13. Visakhapatnam Steel Plant Sustainability Report 2011