KV KESHAVPURAM(SHIFT-1) Class 12 A Summer Vacation Holidays Homework
Class-XII – English 1. Read the novel “Invisible man” from Chapter one- ‘The strange Man’s Arrival’ to chapter ten. On the basis of reading the novel attempt character traits of the following – a) b) c) d) e)
The invisible man – Griffin Mrs. Hall Mr. Hall Encounter between Teddy Henfrey & Invisible Man Encounter between Mr Cuss & Invisible Man.
Write the book review of the novel. ______________________________________________________________________
2. Extensive reading of the three texts : 1.Flamingo 2. Vistas 3. The Invisible Man ( Read these books thoroughly from the beginning to end.) Write down all the important words and phrases. ______________________________________________________________________ 3. Literature Write question Answers in Notebook. 1. Describe Mr M Hamel with reference to his confusion ? 2. Who was Master Franz ? 3. Why did Kamla Das Fell helpless?
4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
What was the effect of war on Alsace? What was the effect of Pigeon episode in this story? What can be done to save the interest of linguistic minority? What is the role of language in the life of man? Describe the figure of speeches used in the poem by Kamla Das- My Mother at sixty six ? 9. Comment on the appropriateness of the title – The Last Lesson? _____________________________________________________________________ 4. Writing Task
1. Children tend to become tense and nervous before Board exams. This affect their health and performance in the examination. Good Counseling is , therefore needed to help them overcome exam fear .Write an article in 15-200 words on ‘Need for counseling before Board exams. 2. Corruption is rampant in our country. Everyone feels that it needs to be seriously dealt with .Write an article in 150 – 200 words on “How to root out corruption from the country” ? 3. Emotionally as well as intellectually, a women is as good as a man, if not better. Yet we don’t allow her the same status as a man enjoys in society. 4. Write an article in 150 – 200 words for your school magazine on the topic “Life without Modern Gadgets” 5. Presently the prices of essential commodities are skyrocketing, causing much hardships to the common man .Write an article in 150 – 200 words expressing your views and suggesting measures to curb this problem? 6 Mobile phone of today is no longer a mere means of communication. Music lovers are so glued to it that they don’t pay attention even to the traffic while crossing the roads. This leads to accidents, sometimes even fatal ones. Write a speech in 150 – 200 words to be delivered in the morning assembly advising the students to be careful in the use of this otherwise very useful gadget .Imagine you are the Principal of your school. 7 Power shortage has become a norm even in the metropolitan cities.One way to face this situation by preventing the wastage of power. Write a speech in 150 – 200 words on the importance of power in our daily life and how to save power at school and at home.Imagine that you are the Principal of your school.
8 Recent rains and consequent waterlogging have increased the risk of malaria and dengue.Write a speech in 150 - 200 words to be delivered in the morning assembly advising the students on prevention of and protection against these ailments and the steps that the school has taken to prevent mosquito breeding in and around the school. Imagine you are the Principal of the school. 9 Migration from villages to cities has led to the spread of urban slums. People living in these slums lead a miserable life. Economic disparity leads to the problems of law and order. Write a debate in 150 – 200 words on ‘Solution to the problem of misery in the urban slums lies in creating jobs in the villages’. You are Navtej / Navita. 10 A number of your classmates (especially those from science and commerce streams) bunk their classes in order to attend coaching centres.Write a debate in 150 – 200 words on ‘Tuition at coaching centers is not essential’.
School teachers better equipped Infrastructure much better at school Philanthropic Approach Coaching Centers money – minting machines No infrastructure Competition oriented education Schools should reorient their teaching process
11 Write at least ten formal letters.
Physics Holidays Homework Class X11 Q1 Why is the potential inside a hollow spherical charged conductor constant and has the same value as on its surface? Q2
Biology Holidays Homework Do the assignment of unit 1 and Principle of Inheritance and Variation. 1. 2. 3.
Prepare for the test of unit 1 and Principle of Inheritance and Variation. Do the investigatory project on any topic related with Biology. Collect video related to biology chapter (minimum two).
Computer Science Holidays Homework 1. 2.
Do Ques No. 1 and 2 of CBSE Board Papers (Delhi)2014,2015,2016 and 2017. Prepare short notes on following networking topics: a. Types of Networks b. Modem c. Hacker and Cracker d. Open Source Concepts e. Free software f. Shareware
3. Computer Science Practical File 1. Write a program in C++ to implement concept of function overloading 2. Write a program in C++ to implement concept of classes and objects using class employee and calculate salary 3. Write a program in C++ to implement concept of classes and objects using class student and related functions to calculate percentage 4. Write a program in C++ to implement concept of array of objects in classes .
CHEMISTRY HOLIDAYS HOMEWORK
Q1.The compound Cu Cl (99g mol-1) has FCC structure .Its density is 3.4 g cm-3. What is the edge length of the unit cell ? Q2. Some ethylene glycol is added to your cars cooling system along with 5 kg of water. If the freezing point of solution is -150C. What is the boiling point of the solution ? (Kb =0.52 K kg mol-1 and Kf =1.86 K kg mol-1 for water) Differentiate between schottky and frankel deffect with eg Write the relationship b/w ‘a’ and ‘r’ for ccp ,bcc,fcc Define 1. Ferro magnetism 2. Doping 3.paramagnetism 4.Antiferomagnetism ZnO is white but turns yellow on heating.Why? Which solution has higher concentration 1 MOLAR OR 1 MOLAL of the same solute ? Give reason. Why in vapour pressure of a liquid constant temperature? 10 cc of liquid A were mixed with 10 cc of liquid B. The volume of resulting solution was found to be 19.9cc. What do you conclude? Ethylene glycol is added to water in car radiator while driving in hill station. Why? Find the value of i for A) BaCl2 B)Mg3(PO)2 C) K3[Fe(CN)6] D)Al2(SO4)3 E) One dimerization F) Tetramerisation. Why does a mercury cell give a constant voltage throughout its life? How does the molar conductance of strong and weak electrolyte vary with concentration? What would happen if no salt bridge is used in electrochemical cell? Define Corrosion , how can you prevent corrosion .\ Rusting of iron is faster in saline water that ordinary water. Explain. Draw a neat and labelled dig. of fuel cell . Write its cell reaction Define A) Electrophile B)nucleophile C)hyper conjugation D) Inductive effect E) Markownikoff’s rule F) Saytzeff rule Write all the name reaction studied in class XI
Calculate EMF of the cell Cd I Cd +2 (0.10M) II H+ (0.20)M II Pt H2 (0.5 atm) Eo Cd+2 /Cd = -0.403 v Draw table of various vitamins their sources, deficiency disease (2 Learn the chapter discussed for test after holidays Write structure of 1.Toluene
2. Acetophenone 3. Benzophenone 4. Xylene 5. Benaldehyde 6. Benzoic acid COMPLETE INVESTIGATORY PROJECT Chapters for Self Study 1 Chemistry in everyday life 2 polymers MATHS
Holiday home work (2017-18)
x 1 x 1 -1 = 1. If tan + tan , then find the value of x x2 x2 4 -1
x 4 2x 2x 2x x 4 2x 2x 2x x 4
= ( )( )( ) ( ) )
= (5x + 4)(x – 4)2
(C.B.S.E. 2008, 05)
4. Solve the following system of equations, using matrices :
2 3 10 4 6 5 6 9 20 4, 1, 2 x y z x y z x y z 5.
(C.B.S.E. 2002 C)
1 2 0 7 2 6 If A = 2 1 3 and C = 2 1 3 . Find AC and hence solve the 0 2 1 4 2 5 equations x - 2 y = 10, 2 x + y + 3 z = 8, - 2 y + z = 7. 6.
13. Prove that
Question 14 Prove
Question 15 Prove
Question16 Write the function in the simplest form:
Find the value of
कक्षा बारहव ीं हहींदी ग्र ष्मकालीन अवकाश गह ृ कार्य 2017 ) अठर्ा िका
1 आत्म परिचय (हरिवंशिाय बच्चन ) 2 भक्तिन (महादे वी वमाा ) 3 बाज़ाि दशान (जैनेन्द्र कुमाि ) उपयत ुा ि पाठों के प्रश्न व उत्ति याद किें
जनसींचार माठर्मों के चचत्र बनाकर उनकी उिर्ोचगिाएीं कनबींध लेखन
ललखे ( A-4 साइज़ की श ट िर )
1 भ्रण ू हत्या 2
4 समय का सदप ु योग
ित्र लेखन स दो औपचारिक पत्र लेखन काया दो अनौपचारिक पत्र