DHL AIR THERMONET SETTING NEW STANDARDS IN TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SHIPPING
HOW DO I START USING DHL AIR THERMONET? Existing Customers
• As we already hold most of your shipping information, existing DHL Global Forwarding customers can easily switch to DHL Air Thermonet.
• Simply contact your usual Sales Representative and ask about moving your current temperature controlled shipping to DHL Air Thermonet.
• S imply contact your usual Sales Representative and ask about moving your current temperature controlled shipping to DHL Air Thermonet.
YOUR COLD CHAIN SOLUTION TO COVER THE WORLD Transporting temperature controlled shipments for the Life Sciences and Healthcare industry requires a unique combination of skills and expertise. You need a partner who can bring together dedicated infrastructure, global Standard Operating Procedures designed around your specific needs, trained staff who all work to identical protocols, and leading edge monitoring, tracking and reporting technology.
WELCOME TO DHL AIR THERMONET With the largest and most trusted network in the industry DHL Global Forwarding has a proud track record in Life Sciences and Healthcare. However, we recognize that this is a fast-changing sector that demands a smarter, more stable cold chain solution. This is why we have launched DHL Air Thermonet – the new standard air freight product for the transportation of temperature-sensitive Life Sciences and Healthcare shipments
• Certified Life Sciences Stations, Specialists and Audited Handling Processes • DHL Air Thermonet GDP Guidelines, Life Sciences specific Supplier Management Program and Central Certification and Audit Process • Life Sciences designed IT platform, a fully integrated cold chain data source for all logistics events and temperature data • SOP design and implementation with automated SOP change management and version control, including proactive contingency plan design • Global proactive monitoring and intervention 24/7/365, visibility through up to 17 touch points and in-transit ambient temperature monitoring
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE DHL AIR THERMONET
YOUR LIFE SCIENCES & HEALTHCARE LOGISTICS PARTNER
GLOBAL SCALE, LOCAL PRESENCE
Operating a single, robust platform across the network, customers can count on a highly professional, dedicated team diligently monitoring their shipment through every stage of its journey.
Global standards, delivering GDP compliant processes and an audited network.
Our DHL Air Thermonet IT system – LifeTrack – has been designed specifically for compliance to Life Sciences and Healthcare requirements, and provides an integrated data source for all temperature and logistics data.
• Over 4,500 employees focused on managing Life Sciences and Healthcare business
• GDP network of compliant facilities providing coverage to over 2,000 trade lane pairs
• SmartSensor RFID technology monitors shipment temperature along the transportation chain at designated check points
• Visibility through up to • Core operational coverage across all regions, through more 17 touch points than 90 major DHL Global • Global consistency through Forwarding locations by 2015, DHL Air Thermonet GDP on 6 continents Guidelines • Our central monitoring team • A single program for SOP operating 24/7/365 for proactive design, implementation and monitoring and intervention automated document control • Local Life Sciences and • Contingency planning option Healthcare experts to intervene built into customer, product, if needed and lane-specific SOPs • Life Sciences specific supplier management program
BEST IN CLASS TECHNOLOGY
• In-transit ambient temperature monitoring • Automated SOP change management and version control • SOPs serve as the basis for shipment monitoring
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED What’s the advantage of DHL Air Thermonet over other cold-chain solutions? Some of the key advantages of DHL Air Thermonet include the GDP compliant network, market leading cold chain platform LifeTrack, proactive monitoring and intervention at up to 17 touch points, and integrated SOP management. Do you cover all the locations I need to ship to? DHL Air Thermonet operates between 2,000 point pairs globally, so we’re likely to be in your locality, but it’s not just about scale. We are investing in creating 90 Certified Life Sciences Stations by the end of 2015, and will be investigating further locations in every region of the world, to route and monitor your shipments for ultimate reliability. Do you use third Party Shippers? As with most global forwarders, we rely on 3rd party suppliers, who must meet our stringent Life Sciences supplier management requirements. How can you ensure my shipments will be handled consistently in different countries? The key principle of DHL Air Thermonet is that it is based on one robust and audited operating process. It is managed by a network of skilled, centrally trained specialists working to a globally consistent standard and utilizing an exclusive IT platform. By minimizing local practices, DHL Air Thermonet can deliver an unprecedented level of synchronicity and security.
What happens if something goes wrong with the temperature of my shipment? The greatest strength of the DHL Air Thermonet service is in the highly trained proactive monitoring and intervention team that monitors your shipments around the world 24/7/365. At the first sign of any deviation from agreed parameters, the team will contact our nearest on-site cold-chain trained specialists to intervene and quickly resolve the issue. Additionally, this central team can intervene directly if necessary, to address non-compliance. Is it expensive to use DHL Air Thermonet? DHL Air Thermonet is very cost competitive. Any additional cost of using DHL Air Thermonet can quickly be offset through the savings achieved.
You can find out more about DHL Air Thermonet online at www.DHL.com/thermonet or by contacting your local DHL sales representative.