Point System for Recruitment of Foreign Workers
February 26, 2018
Announcement on Implementation of Point System for Recruitment of Foreign Workers Ministry of Employment and Labor in Korea (MOEL) and Department of Labor and Employment announce implementation of point system for recruitment of foreign workers, scheduled to launch this year. Point system takes different road with EPS-TOPIK based recruiting to comprehensively examine a person with their skills, physical condition, experiences including but not limited to their ability for Korean. Specifically, on the physical conditions, Applicants with color blindness, color weakness are not permitted to pass the point system based test. Also, applicants with any physical handicaps such as the slipped disc, finger amputation cannot pass the point system. In the Recruitment Point System, candidates will be selected in order of highest score. To pass the first round, a candidate has to get at lease the designated points (44points). After that, at most 200% of the expected number of final passers of the point system will be selected in order of highest score by industries to take the second round. Passers at the first round of test will get a chance to take the second round of test which consists of Skills test and Competency test. In the second round the scores of these two tests will be added up. Considering the accumulated point, the candidates within the expected number of selections will be selected to pass the point system in the order of the highest scores.
In the second round of the test, the candidates who have work experiences in the chosen industry, national certificates corresponding to the chosen industry, and training course completions and College(University) graduation certificates related to the chosen industry must submit documentary evidence for the Competency test. Also all passers of first round must take Skills test. The candidates who do not take Skills test will not pass the point system. Candidates must check their physical states in terms of the color weakness and the color blindness to apply the first round of the test, EPSTOPIK. Furthermore, the candidates found to have color blindness or color weakness in Skills test, will not pass the point system. If a candidates is judged to be unable to work in the applied industry, the candidate also could be excluded.
February 26, 2018 Supervised by the Ministry of Employment and Labor(MOEL) of Republic of Korea Administrated by : Human Resources Development service of Korea(HRD Korea) Cooperated by : Department of Labor and Employment(DOLE) & Philippine Overseas Employment Administration
What is Recruitment Point system of foreign workers? 1 Objectives ○ Current system allows only passers of EPS-TOPIK constitute valid roster, which has not contained various elements of the person, for example their capability of task completion, physical condition and experiences that Korean employers want are dismissed - Current system limits the potential candidates whose Korean ability is low but their competency for the job has been known great. ○ To overcome this limit, HRD Korea designed the new system for evaluating employees comprehensively by not only Korean ability but also by their physical ability, level of competence and job experiences. - The system will support employers to hire the right person, providing them information of various aspects of the job seeker to be hired including their EPS TOPIK results, Skills test, Training course completions, college(university) graduation certificates, national certificates, and job experiences. - The system will broaden its range for the recruitment by giving chances to the people who has low ability for Korean but with plenty of job experiences and dedication for the job.
What Constitutes Recruitment Point System for Foreign Workers?
○ Recruitment procedure: ① 1st round of test(EPS-TOPIK) → ② 2nd round of test (Skills test + Competency test) → ③ Adding up score ○ The way to decide final passer : Passers will be decided by added up score (highest first) < Point distribution by industries > Competency test (Additional Score)
Work Experiences (one year or more)
Completed a vocational training course ( 120H or more) /Academic background (College or more, manufacture industry
One who has a government issued certificate 1pts
3 1st round of test(EPS-TOPIK) ○ Test duration(Questions) : (PBT)70mins [Reading (25 questions) 40mins, Listening (25 questions) 30 mins] (CBT) 50mins [Reading (20 questions) 25mins, Listening (20 questions) 25 mins] ○ Format of Test - Multiple choice questions, Listening will follow right after Reading section ○ Point distribution : (PBT) 100 points (2 pts per a question) (CBT) 100 points (2.5 pts per a question) ○ The passers for the EPS-TOPIK: The number of passers in each industry will be within 200 percent of the expected number of final passers. (One should get at least 44 points) * The number of 1 round passers can be adjusted according to the number of expected number of point system based test passers.
2nd round of test(Skills test+Competency test) 1. Skills test
○ Industries which require Skills Test : Manufacture ○ Three parts (① Physical strength, ② Interview, ③ Basic skills) constitute the test. ○ Points distribution Skills test Industry
2. Competency test ○ Target (EPS-TOPIK passer): The test will be eligible for first round passers who have work experiences in the chosen industry, national certificates & diploma corresponding to the chosen industry, and training course completions related to the chosen industry ○ One can find the formats needed for Competency test on the webpage of the sending agency or the registration desk. Please fill in the formats and submit the documents to verify relevant job experience, diploma, certificate of course completion and national certificates. * If one has never got any training, certificates, job experiences, diploma, the candidate should not submit any document because the candidate is not required to take Competency test.
○ Due date: Until the last day of application period of the 2nd round test.
3. Verification Process of the Documents Submitted for the Competency Test ○ When a candidate submits the counterfeited documents, the test result of the candidate will be invalidated and the candidate will be eliminated in the list. Also the candidates will be forbidden to apply any EPS related tests in the following two years and will be
checked and scrutinized
by the sending agency. [Sending agency]
After taking Skills test,
documents will be
industry will be asked
checked once again if they
[HRD Korea, Interviewer]
[HRD Korea+Sending agency]
1st Round of Test (EPS-TOPIK) The Schedule of 1st Round of Test (EPS-TOPIK)
▪ Announcement on the 1st Round of Test: Feb 26, 2018 ▪ Registration Period (3 DAYS via ONLINE) for the 1st Round of Test: Mar 7 ~ Mar 9, 2018 ▪ POEA has to print out the application form and submit it to the EPS center on form. [PBT] (Deadline, Mar 14,2018) ▪ After applying, POEA must input the information of examinees directly into the system. [CBT] (Deadline, Mar 21,2018) ▪ Announcement of Test Date, Place & Method: Apr 14, 2018 [PBT] Aug 6, 2018 [CBT] ▪ Actual Test via [PBT]: Apr 21 ~ Apr 22, 2018 ▪ Actual Test via [CBT]: Aug 13 ~ Sep 14, 2018 / May be changed ▪ Announcement of Passers via [PBT]: May 3, 2018 ▪ Announcement of Passers via [CBT]: Sep 19, 2018
1. The Expected Number of First Round Passers Points Industry
distributed for EPSTOPIK
The expected number of 1st round passers
The number of 2nd round
passers (to be on the valid roster)
To pass the first round, a candidate has to
get more than the designated points (44
points). After that, at most 200% of
candidates in terms of the valid roster will
be selected in order of highest score by industries.
2. Industries & Subcategories ○ A candidate should select one industry and one subcategory. One cannot change the determined industry after the announcement of test result of EPS TOPIK. (Subcategory can be changed in the 2nd round application period.) -Subcategories of Manufacturing: (1) Assemble (2) Measure (3) Join ○ A candidate is qualified for just one application. Duplications in application is prohibited.
3. Qualifications ① Person aged between 18 and 38 (Person born between Mar 8, 1979 ~ Mar 7, 2000) ② Person who has not been convicted of imprisonment or heavier punishment ③ Person who have no record of deportation or departure orders from the Republic of Korea ④ Person who is not restricted from departure of home country ⑤ Person who has no color blindness and color weakness * Person with disk or finger amputation will be given the chance to take EPS-TOPIK, though they cannot be restricted to pass point system based test.
⑥ Person who has no physical handicaps such as the slipped disc or finger amputation ⑦ Person who don’t have more than 5 years’duration of sojourn including the duration of sojourn combining sojourn period with E-9 visa and E-10 visa
4. Registration for EPS-TOPIK A. Registration Period (3 DAYS): Mar 7 ~ Mar 9, 2018 B. Method: Online (www.poea.gov.ph) - For more information, you may visit or call POEA at 02 722 11 46 regarding the ONLINE REGISTRATION C. Required documents - ① Application form ※Application numbers are written on each application form, and one applicant can receive and submit one application form only. If there is any error in an application form, correct it with correction tape and submit it ※ One who needs to submit documents for Competency test needs to get a form (from sending agency homepage or in a registration desk) in advance so that he/she can submit it within the 2nd round application period.
- ② A copy of passport ※ A copy of passport is required to be attached on the application form. ※ It is preferable to attach a copy of passport with your name written in English. ※ If an applicant’s personal information on the passport does not match the same as the one on the application form, their entry to Korea is not permitted in any case, and the applicant is fully responsible for any problem caused by the differences in their personal information. Therefore, applicants are strongly advised to get their passport before registration. ※ We will use the personal information (name, date of birth, and gender) written on the application form and the applicant’s photo attached on the application form for their future employment in Korean, and these are not changeable in any case.
- ③ 2 photographs of 3.5 x 4.5cm (taken within 6 months) ※ If one cannot be identified with passport, he/she will not be able to take the test. ※Under ” ~15kb” size file (100~300 Pixels. Jpg)
- ④ Receipt of test fee
Test fee: 1, 248 Php ※ If an applicant has unavoidable reasons to cancel his/her registration during registration period, the applicant can get a full refund (However, once it is cancelled, re-application is not allowed)
5. The Notification on Test Venue and Time of 1 st Round Test -Announcement Date : Apr 14, 2018 [PBT] Aug 6, 2018 [CBT]
- Method : ① www.poea.gov.ph ② http://epstopik.hrdkorea.or.kr
6. The Outline of 1st Round A ▪ Actual Test via [PBT]: Apr 21 ~ Apr 22, 2018 ▪ Actual Test via [CBT]: Aug 13 ~ Sep 14, 2018 / May be changed
(The test dates are flexible according to the total number of applicants. To know individual test date, please http://epstopik.hrdkorea.or.kr.) B. Method of test: PBT
C. Test Duration - [PBT] Test session
Orientation for test takers Reading
*Test takers must take a seat at least in 09:00 and 13:00 for each session. *The details on the test sessions and test duration can be varied according to the circumstances.
[CBT] Test session
Orientation for test takers
*Test takers must take a seat at least in 09:20,10:50, 13:20, 14:50 for each session. *The details on the test sessions and test duration can be varied according to the circumstances.
D. Test Structure & Criteria for EPS-TOPIK Total Points Category
Number of questions
40 mins 30 mins
Total Points Category
Number of questions
25 mins 25 mins
- (Test Structure) ① Multiple-choice questions, ② Reading and listening test will be implemented continuously without a break. - (Criteria)Among the person who got 44pts or more out of 100, at most 200% of candidates will be selected to pass the first round in the order of highest score E. Necessary Items for test - Examinee’s Test Permit (To be printed online) Or Examinee’s admission ticket (will be distributed on the registration day) - Passport ① All applicants are required to bring his/her passport of which is the same with the one posted on his/her application form ② If an applicant doesn’t bring passport, the applicant wouldn’t take the test.
7. The Announcement on the 1st Round Test Result ○ Announcement of Passers via [PBT]: May 3, 2018 Announcement of Passers via [CBT]: Sep 19, 2018
○ Methods of Test Passer Announcement ① www.poea.gov.ph ② http://www.eps.go.kr, or ③ http://epstopik.hrdkorea.or.kr ** Posting of Announcement may also be viewed at: www.hrdkoreaph.com ○ Methods of Test Individual Score Announcement - http://www.eps.go.kr
2nd Round of Test (Skills Test and Competency test) The Schedule of 2nd Round of Test
[ PBT PART ] ▪ Registration Period (5 DAYS): May 3 ~ May 7, 2018 * Candidates who wish to participate in the Competency Test must submit required documents to POEA.
▪ Announcement of Skills Test Date & Place: May 25, 2018 ▪ Actual Skills and Competency Test: Jun 1 ~Jun 6, 2018/ For 6 Days and may be changed ▪ Announcement of Passers via PBT: Jun 22, 2018
[ CBT PART ] ▪ Registration Period (3 DAYS): Sep 19 ~ Sep 21, 2018 * Candidates who wish to participate in the Competency Test must submit required documents to POEA.
▪ Announcement of Skills Test Date & Place: Nov 9, 2018 ▪ Actual Skills and Competency Test: Nov 16 ~ Nov 20/ For 5 Days and may be changed ▪ Announcement of Passers via CBT: Dec 7, 2018
1. How to Submit Documents for Competency Test ○ Those who have to submit documents for Competency Test - Among the passers of the first round, the applicants who has work experiences in the chosen industry, diploma, national certificates or took a vocational training course in the industry, are eligible for Competency Test. - First round passers must take Skills tests and there’s no need for the application (applied automatically). But, the applicants, who want to take Competency test, must submit documents for Competency test within the application period. * Those who don’t take Skills test CANNOT pass the point system based test.
○ Registration Period: May 3 ~ May 7, 2018 [PBT] Sep 19 ~ Sep 21, 2018 [CBT]
○ Registration Place: POEA * The Regional registration place will be announced after the confirmation of the POEA
○ Registration Method: POEA ○ Required Documents & Requisites: ① Passport, Examinee’s admission ticket for EPS-TOPIK ② Application Form for Competency Test (check the registration desk or the website) ③ Documentary Evidences for Competency Test Category
Documents to be submitted
It can be submitted when one can get The
Work Experiences (Choose
Certificate of Career by a company. company Certificate of career (①)
*For foreign company, the certificate (refer to Attachment from the recruiting agency can be 2-2)
① or ②)
acknowledged. If one cannot get Certificate of Career because of the bankruptcy of the company
company), employment history in the Document to verify one’s employment (②)
unauthorized business common in Agriculture & Stockbreeding fields,
Signature of two person who is guaranteed, attach a copy of the person’s ID card as a guarantee (refer to Attachmen t 2-3)
one can fill in the document in attachment 2-3 and submit it. (Except relatives, two guarantors for joint guarantee are needed) It can be submitted when one can get Training
Certificate of training
courses) from the government or permissible. private institution.
Certificate of graduation, Certificate of expected
graduation, and Degree certificate
Submit copy of certificate, and bring the original document on the test date
Any overseas certificates are National Certificate
Copy of national
Only national certificates that are based
certificate or The original
on national system including official Submit copy of certificate,
of confirmation document
tests can be used.
and bring the original document on the test date
* The work history in Korea is also acceptable. * Besides the format provided by HRDKorea, Certificate of career issued from EPS system is also available. *Certificate of (expected) graduation should specify the major field of study * Certificate of Training course completion must include the names of the courses, training hours and the contents of the training courses. * If any of the submitted documents are found to be false or counterfeited, the test results of
the candidate will be invalidated, the candidate will be forbidden to take any EPS related test in 3 years, and the candidate will be under accusation.
Examples of Impermissible Work Experiences∙Training Course Completion∙National certificate ∙Work Experiences: Even though a candidate has a work history in the applied industry, the work experience will be impermissible if the experience is irrelevant. Experiences in sales, human resources, accountants, education, public service (except for technicians), , gas station, cookery, serving and hairdressing are not applied to Manufacture, Construction, Agriculture & Stockbreeding and Fishery. Exceptionally, previous instructors in the applied industry, could submit the related documents. For example, a previous instructor of Assembly could be qualified to use the experiences for Manufacture. ∙Training Course Completion: If a training course is not relevant to the applied industry, the history is impermissible. For example, nursing, accountant raising, and leadership development course are not permissible. ∙National Certificates: If a national certificate is not relevant to the applied industry, the candidate couldn’t submit Copy of national certificate or The original of confirmation document. For example a driving license, language certificates, vocational licenses (medical, pharmacist and lawyer’s license) are not permissible.
○ Test Fee: Free of charge
2. Announcement of Skills Test Date & Place ○ Announcement Date: May 25, 2018 [PBT] Nov 9, 2018 [CBT]
○ Method of Announcement: Homepage of POEA
○ Test Period: Jun 1 ~Jun 6, 2018 [PBT] / For 6 Days and may be changed Jun 1 ~Jun 6, 2018 [CBT] / For 6 Days and may be changed
- The period above can be varied according to the number of applicants. Individual test schedules will be posted on May 25, 2018 [PBT] Nov 9, 2018 [CBT]
3. Implementation of Skills test ○ Subcategories of Skills test & Score distribution Skills test Industry (Skills test)
○ Test Duration Session
08:30 ∼ 09:00
09:00 ∼ 12:00
12:00 ∼ 12:30
12:30 ∼ 13:00
13:00 ∼ 16:00
16:00 ∼ 17:00
* You cannot reschedule your test date & venue and please remind that the person who arrives later than 08:30/12:30 for each session will not be able to take the test. * Documents submitted for the competency test will be verified again when interviewing for Skills test. If document is proven to be falsified, test will be null and void and person will not be able to take the test for 3 years. (Person will be reported to the authorities)\
○ Announcement of Test Result: Jun 22, 2018 [PBT] Dec 7, 2018 [CBT]
○ Methods of Test Passer Announcement: ① www.poea.gov.ph ② http://www.eps.go.kr ③ http://epstopik.hrdkorea.or.kr ○ Methods of Test Individual Score Announcement - http://www.eps.go.kr ○ Validity of the result of point system based test: for 2 years from its announcement date ( PBT : Jun.22, 2018 ~ Jun.21, 2020) ( CBT : Dec.7, 2018 ~Dec.6, 2020)
Other Notice and Comments
1. Applicants with color blindness, color weakness are not permitted to pass point system based test. Also, applicants with physical handicaps such as the slipped disc or finger amputation can be excluded on the valid roster. 2. The use of digital devices (including but not limited to cell phones/smart phones, tablet computers, laptops, notebooks, music and video players, cameras, or other telecommunication devices capable of capturing or relaying information) is strictly prohibited. Using or possessing a digital device during the
examination will be considered as a cheating. 3. Dishonesty act includes, but not limited to cheating on an exam. Failure to maintain integrity on an exam will result in a loss of test taking chance for 3 years. - Relevant documents for competency test will be verified three times in the process of test period. If the documents submitted are proven to be falsified, test result will be invalidated and the person can’t apply for any tests in EPS system in 3 years. 4. If information in the passport and the application form of EPS-TOPIK do not match each other, the candidate will be not allowed to pass the point system based test and not allowed to arrive in Korea. 5. For Certificate of career and Document to verify one’s employment, crucial information such as the names, signatures, contact number must not be omitted. If there is omission or modification on the documents using correction fluid, correction paper or other methods, the candidate will be invalidated.
☞ “Emphasis subject for this time” ◈ The person who successfully got in will get a chance to be listed on the valid roster but this does not guarantee their employment. ◈ If one can’t get through health checkup or has any records of illegal stay, he/she will be deprived of any chance for employment. ◈ If the drug test results are positive after entering Korea, you can be returned to your country ◈ Person who have more than 5 years’duration of sojourn including the
duration of sojourn combining sojourn period with E-9 visa and E-10 visa can’t take the EPS-TOPIK ◈ CBT Test duration(Questions) will be changed from this test => 50mins [Reading(20 questions) 25mins, Listening (20 questions) 25 mins] ◈ The minimum lower limit score of EPS-Topik has been changed to 44 ◈ Anyone who involved in the document of competency assessment must submit it
The Outline of Basic Skills Test Industry
Tasks Insert Pins
Hang Items Assemble bolts and nuts Insert Pins
Hang Items Measures Insert Pins
Hang Items Join
Contents Considering the diagram, insert the pins in to the slate provided according to the color, size and shape Hang the rings on the rod according to size. In the given amount of time, tight two types of bolts and nuts according to the sketch. Considering the diagram, insert the pins in to the slate provided according to the color, size and shape Hang the rings on the rod according to size. In the given amount of time, measure accurately according to the length and volume. Considering the diagram, insert the pins in to the slate provided according to the color, size and shape Hang the rings on the rod according to size. In the given amount of time, link two objects in the designated point with the provided instruments.
(Job experience, Training course completion, National certificate)
Competency test relevant documents Application No. (For Sending Agency) I myself will take any responsibilities for falsified documents (certificate of career, copy of certificate) in registering EPS-TOPIK ※ If applicant’s document is proven to be falsified, the test result will invalidated and the person will not be able to take any test for 3 years. * Mark the industry you’re applying for(●)
Applicants to fill in
EPS-TOPIK registration no. Manufacture
Date of birth
·Carpentry(○) ·In andoffShoreFishery(○)
Contact no. 20 . .
Name * Mark(●) your answer
Applicants to fill in
▢ Job experience (Only for those who have job experience) One year or more
Less than 1 year
(signature) For sending agency
▢ Training hours (Only for those who had training) Training 120 hours or more
Less than 120 hours
College or more
High school or less
▢ Certificates (for those who have certificates, no more than two) No.
Name of the certificate
* Period of total employment should be written in months. ** Certificate of training course should be verified first and total training hours should be stated. *** Confirm the relevancy of the major specified in the certificate of graduation before writing. **** Documents should be verified as authentic and total amount of certificates should be stated.
≪When previous company issues certificate of career≫ If the company is not in Korea, fill in with the information of recruiting agency
Certificate of Career
Registration number : ID card no.
Period of employment Designation (YY.MM.DD~YY.MM.DD)
Task (state specific details)
~ Details on career
~ ~ ~ ~ Total
Period of total employment :
I agree to inform myself and to abide by all policies regarding falsifying documents which is a crime punishable as a felony. I also acknowledge that this is the documents required for the test evaluation, which is agreed upon MOU between Republic of Korea and Philippines Date : Name : (Signature) I certify that above information is true and correct. Date : Company : Contact no.: Address : President : (Signature or official seal)
Issued by Department Designation Contact number Name
President of HRD Korea ※ Caution: If there is any omission for crucial information such as the signature, seal, names or contact numbers, it loses its effects and the work experiences becomes invalidated.
* It just verify a work experiences from a company. To verify experiences from respective companies, candidates have to submit a sheet of paper for each company. (i.e., 4 sheets of papers for 4 companies) * It can be replaced by the certificate in EPS system.
If one cannot get Certificate of Career because of the bankruptcy of the company or agency (for foreign company) employment history in the too small-scale business, or unauthorized business common in Fishery fields, one can fill in the document the form below and submit it. (Except relatives, two guarantors for joint guarantee are needed)
Document to verify one’s employment(Standard) Registration number : Name
Date of Birth
Period of Employment
※ Respective working experience needs to be filled in.
Period of total employment :
Person to certify the document 1 Name： (Signature)
Date of Birth：
Address： Workplace： Designation：
landline： (Cell phone : )
Relationship with the applicant： Person to certify the document 2 Name： (Signature)
Date of Birth：
Address： Workplace： Designation：
landline： (Cell phone : )
Relationship with the applicant： *Attach the copies of each identification card of a person to certify. ※Caution: ① If a person’s information who can certify your employment such as Name, contact no. is missing, the documents will not be granted and job experiences one claimed to have will be null and void.
② For employment history overseas, the copy of work visa and immigration logs are needed. If the require documents are missed, this document couldn’t be submitted.